The Reservation Window
The field 'status' defines the status of a reservation. The possible options change every time you open or save a reservation, and are related to the stage the reservation is. See Reservation Statuses for more details.
In Basic Data we see:
- The reservation's Status
- The Reservation date: when this reservation was added to the system
- The Agency: if this reservation came e.g. from Booking it would be shown here
- The reservation source: in case agency selected in none (direct reservation), the filed source apears (eg. "friend", "repeater")
- The dates this guest stays
- The nights of stays
- Allocated Room
- Room Type
- Number of Adults and Children
- Board: Room only, Bed and Breakfast, Half board, All inclusive
- Normal Price: is calculated from the price list conected. Details of can be seen at tab Cost breakdown
- Agreed Price:
- The Balance
- The checkbox will indicate if it's a non-refundable price
- The name of the guest
- The "New Customer" button leads us to add information about a new customer.
We have an example in the following picture where we see that two bookings have been grouped under a customer's name.
In the first column of the table we see the resident's ID, the second column shows in which room they're staying and the third column indicates the charges per room. The last line states the total amount of money he will be charged.
On the right, by clicking on the downward triangle button (1) to show all the available methods you can select the payment method a guest is paying with e.g. Cash , MasterCard, Visa etc
Then, write the amount (2) and add some notes if you want on the blank space provided (3).
The next tab in the Reservation Window is History
Here we can see when this reservation was created (1) and by whom, when was its last update and who did it (2) and if there has been a check in or check out (3) next to check in or check out it will show the date and time.
The next tab is E-mail which allows you to send an e-mail to your guest.
In this field you can see your customer's e-mail and his name. By clicking on Template a list of e-mail templates will appear.
There you can select the e-mail you want to send to the customer e.g. Confirmation and preview it right below. If you want to send the e-mail, you can do it by clicking "Send"
- Guest's first name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Mobile phone number
- State or Province
Right below we have the categories a customer could fit. Here we haven't selected any category so everything is orange.
If we want to select one or more categories we can simply click upon that button and it changes color
- The Total (this is described later on in detail)
- Other reservations (as we saw before some customers may book more than one room under their name)
- Extra Charges
- Extra charges on Other reservations
- Additional taxes/fees
- Additional taxes/fees on Other reservations
The Total is explained in the table right below where it indicates the cost of an overnight stay, of extra beds, taxes etc.
In this tab we can add a guest
A guest is added by clicking upon the "New Guest" button on the right.
Then, a form is shown on the left where you can add the guest's information: a salutation (1), last (2) and first name (3), date of birth (4), the age (5) will be automatically calculated, the identification document (6) e.g. passport, ID, etc, the identification document's number (7), the issue date (8), guest's nationality (9), state/province (10)
While adding the data it will show it in the table on the left, as seen in the example picture below.
On that form you can write on the title (1) what he will be charged for. If this has been entered before by typing some letters the system will show you a list of selections, if not you can add it now. Then add the cost per unit (2) and the quantity (3). It will automatically calculate the cost in subtotal (4). Notes (5) allow you to enter any information you consider needed about this charge.