Go to Settings and click Room types.
Click the New room type button.
- Title: Enter the name of the room type (e.g. double, suite, studio with sea view, apartment etc.).
- Color: Select a color for this room type. The selected color will be used in the calendar for this room type.
- Category: Select the category for this room type, e.g. Room, Villa, Apartment etc.
- Single room: Select this if this room type only fits a single bed.
- Priority: Give a priority number to this room type. For example, a room type with priority number 3 appears before a room type with priority number 5.
- Exclude from occupancy: Select this if you want to exclude this room type from all calculations and reports regarding occupancy.
- Include in booking engine results: Select this only if you wish this room type to appear in the booking engine as an extra charge. Usually this option applies to services with a limited quantity, e.g. parking spots.
- Cleaning fees: Enter the cleaning cost per stay. Use this if you manage apartments.
- Notes: Any notes entered here can be used in the email templates sent through the reservation window. Here you can enter for example directions to get to the hotel / apartment, things to do in the area, etc.
- Click Save
Room groups can be used as an alternative way of grouping rooms.
If you wish to create room groups (eg. 1st floor, 2nd floor etc.) go to Settings and click Room groups.
Click the New room group button, enter a title, select a color and click OK.
Go to Settings and click Rooms.
Click the 'New room' button.
- Title: Give a title to the room. This will be used in the calendar, room layout, reports and invoices issued by the system.
- Room type: Select an existing room type for this room.
- Room group: Select an existing room group for this room.
- Priority: Give a priority number to this room. This will be used by the system (for example in the calendar) to order the rooms based on the priority number, e.g. room with priority number 3 will appear before room with priority number 5.
- Enable: Select if this room is active or not. You can deactivate a room if it is no longer being used and you do not wish to see it in the calendar.
- Adults: Define the base occupancy for this room. This is the typical amount of adults that a room accepts. As usually rooms of the same room type have variations, base occupancy is set at room-level.
- Adults (maximum): Define the maximum allowed number of adults in this room. If a room cannot hold more than the base occupancy, set the same value here. The system uses the difference between maximum adults and adults to calculate extra bed costs. It also displays an alert in the reservation in case you have more adults than the room can hold.
- Children: Select the number of FREE children beds that exist in this room. If no children beds exist, the cost of children will be based on the price list used.
- Smoking allowed: Select if smoking is allowed in this room.
- Floor: Assign a floor to the room. This will be used for the room layout.